Now that the holidays are behind us and baby TJ is only waking up once per night, (this kid eats like a horse) I’m back in the swing of things and ready to kick off the new year! I wanted to alert you to a story I heard 2 weeks ago, and in case you find yourself in the same situation, I hope you will know to run the other way!
-sell a car behind invoice which is why they were $500 over,
-give back any part of the holdback (another way of saying “sales commissions) as that’s what “keeps the lights on”,
-give the customer the flex cash incentive of $750,
-remove the Honda maintenance program for $500 because he thought the customer needed that or take off the $500 dent protection plan because he felt he needed that as well.
They had also underestimated his trade by $1,500.00.
6 Mistakes You Should Never Make
1) Spending more than an hour at a dealership, is too long. Salespeople are known for going the distance.
2) Never buy on the spot. You have nothing to compare it to.
3) Anytime you’re offered to take a car home for a few hours on an extended test drive is never a sign you’re getting the best deal. If they were making nothing on you, would they make this offer?
4) Anytime a Sales Manager says “it has to make sense” – He is talking about profit for himself.
5) Don’t buy from Sussex Honda – they believe you should be paying their electric bill.
6) Never check the numbers on your new car against my Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Dealer Report® after you pick it up. You’ll be miserable driving it after you see what you really should have paid.